The mission of the Incarnation School Advisory Board, guided by the Spirit of Jesus, Word Incarnate, is to assist the Pastor and Principal in developing programs that will spiritually, academically and economically enrich Incarnation School students and act as liaison between the Incarnation Parish community and the Incarnation School administration.
Members are nominated by Incarnation School Advisory Board Members subject to the Pastor’s and Principal’s approval. Members are to serve a three year term.
The School Board normally meets on the third Monday of each month (except July) at 7:00 p.m. Board meetings, other than those held in executive session, are open to the public and parents are encouraged to attend. Visitors to the board meetings should observe the following protocol, which is recommended by the Archdiocese of Chicago’s Office of Catholic Schools.
- Visitors observe the board while it is in session. They do not engage in the discussion nor do they actively participate in the agenda, either through comments or by offering their opinions on the topic being discussed.
- Once the visitor is recognized, the visitor has one opportunity to express an opinion on the matter at hand. Each individual may speak for a specified amount of time (limited to 2 or 3 minutes) on matters that concern the school board.
- There is no discussion or debate between the visitors and the board members.
- All board members listen to the visitors. If necessary, either the chair or someone designated by the chair clarifies.
- The chair thanks the visitors for their comments and informs them that someone will respond to them at a later time.